Designs by Denise Photography~Mondovi, WI

Thursday, October 29, 2009

Boogars

If there were a way to make money with or sell boogers, I could be a zillionaire! I estimate that in my now 6 yrs of being a mom I have probably collected 25 gallons of boogers. Sometimes I catch them with a kleenex, sometimes with my kids' shirts, sometimes with my shirt, and in a very desperate moment I have been known to catch them with my bare hand. I think before I had kids I knew that they had the occasional runny nose, but I had no idea that they are literally dripping these things all the time. From the day we brought our first daughter home we were sucking boogers out with a "booger sucker." Or putting saline drops into her nose to help get them to drain out, and she wasn't really sick, she just had boogers. By the time I had my second and third babies I pretty much gave up the booger sucking and stuck to the wait until it comes out and grab it method. I'm starting to think that maybe I attract the boogers. I mean, wherever I am they are. I can tell when they are going to come shooting out of my kids nose before they even do. I can sense when someone needs their nose wiped before I've even seen the actual snot. Now, I do think boogers are totally gross, and I'm pretty sure at one point in my life they made me gag, but I'm becoming totally immune to them. They don't gross me out anymore, I mean I grab other people's with my bare hands! I actually wear them on my clothes like jewelery or an accessory. And when I catch my self walking in to the grocery store with my slippers on and a big old snag smeared across the front of my shirt, I think to myself, "What have I become?" I used to wear real shoes, I used to wear clean and stylish clothes, and I never used to have kleenex stored in every compartment of my clothing and purse. And then I look over when Molly Jo says, "Mom, I ate my booger, it tasted like pizza." and I realize I've become someones mom.............

1 comment:

  1. LOL...I have referred to myself as "The Human Kleenex" for almost 8 years now. I have been known to fold a kleenex under my sleeve like a grandma too.

    ReplyDelete