Designs by Denise Photography~Mondovi, WI

Monday, October 5, 2009

Shake It

Well I don't know a mom out there who was left with the same body after having babies, although a few of you who will remain nameless were pretty close. Anyway, I've been trying to work my butt off literally for almost 18 mos now. After I had my first baby it came off pretty fast, I don't remember complaining about it anyway, and after my 2nd I got it all off plus some, I actually got to my goal weight. My dietician even called me one day to congratulate me on achieving my goal and 10 seconds later I was pregnant with number 3. I'm so serious. And so after 3 babies I'm left with what I'm pretty sure is someone else's body. I don't recognize it that's for sure. So I waited for 6 weeks after I had Maggie to begin exercising and watching what I ate. It has been 18 mos now and I'm down a total of almost 12 lbs. Now some might say "good job," but I have to say this is ridiculous!!!!!!!!!!! I mean, I go to Zumba class 2-3 times a week, I go to Curves on opposite days and I ride my bike and walk and I'm down a huge 12 lbs. Whoopie! The really sick part of this whole thing is that I very rarely have time to eat and I absolutely never sit down. It is 7:45 and this is the first time I've sat down since I got up at 6 this morning. And it's not like I'm even standing in one place, I'm running, jumping, hurdling little kids, crawling on the floor and often times dancing to entertain. I've never claimed that life was fair, but really? After 27 mos of carrying other human beings around, puking probably 1000's of times and not having relaxed in 6.5 years, this is what I deserve! I mean, I believe I deserve a chocolate bar! I also believe I shouldn't have to work out until my knees ache and I'm so tired I can barely make it into bed at night, and all this for 12lbs. All this makes me wonder how on Earth did June Cleaver do it? I mean, the woman wore heels and lipstick all the time, had supper on the table and a smile on her face. And she didn't have an ounce of baby fat on her! Oh well, she was probably strung out on diet pills and valium. At least I enjoy an occasional bowl of ice cream!

No comments:

Post a Comment