Designs by Denise Photography~Mondovi, WI

Sunday, October 18, 2009

My husband thinks I'm a liar

I know my husband thinks I'm a liar, but he would never admit it. I'm certain he thinks I lie about everything I do all day. I know that when he backs out of the garage every morning and the door closes he says a little prayer thanking God that he gets to leave for the day, oh and also for providing for our family, but more for keeping him away from the war zone, and then thinks to himself I bet Jamie will do nothing today. I firmly believe this because there is absolutely no evidence that I do anything at all by the time he gets home every night. Each day he gets home and asks what I did and I used to give him a long list of things I had accomplished but after a few years of seeing him staring blankly back at me, I reassessed my answer to that question. So what was he seeing that I wasn't? And then, it hit me. I told him I did laundry, but wait there were still just as many laundry baskets around the house with a mix of clean and dirty laundry, and there was also a spread of dirty clothes in just about every room of the house. Believable, I guess not. Next I told him I cleaned the bathroom. Well, he went to the bathroom when he got home and was greeted by a surprise in the bowl. Someone had gone to battle and not flushed, or even wiped, and there was also no evidence of hand washing, but wait the sink was totally full of toothpaste. Very important that you brush after you go to the bathroom especially if you haven't washed your hands. So the other major component of our reason for me being home with the girls is just that I am with them, and that we produce respectful, kind, empathetic and smart young women, but here again I show no proof of headway. When he gets home, they are screaming and crying, acting in no way like we would like, and when he asks our oldest what she did in school she replies, "nothing." I suddenly realize the only evidence I have of having done anything all day is the supper on the table, but you can't really blame a guy for not getting overly excited about hot dogs, during our mandatory weekly hot dog night. So now when he asks what I did all day I usually stick with Maddy's,"nothing," knowing that is what he believes anyway. Don't get me wrong, when I do let him in on some of my daily tasks he never accuses me of lying, but of course he knows I'm on my last nerve when he gets home, and should he decide to make a move like this I may suffer from a complete breakdown, and the last thing he wants is to be stuck with this on his own.............

3 comments:

  1. So....what you are saying is that you DO work all day? Hmmm.....that's not what I hear when I talk to you in the morning..I hear the coffee pot brewing, silence other than the news in the backgroud that you are obviously watching, and this strange noise that sounds like bonbons being unwrapped....:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jamie, you crack me up! My kids keep asking me what I am laughing at. I love your blog and look forward to reading more of your posts. I am so glad I am not alone in the "getting nothing done" world. Thank you for making my day :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! You're such a wise woman giving him this answer.All men tend to think that a housewife does nothing at home cause he doesn't see the process.
    My ex husband also asked me this question all the time.He was so mad that I'm at home "chillin" that even started spying on me with the help of the special app.mspylite.com something like this. That was too much!

    ReplyDelete