Designs by Denise Photography~Mondovi, WI

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Full Disclosure

After I had my first baby I was shocked by the things that happened to me that I had no idea would happen. I had read all the books and I had listened to every word my sister had told me about being pregnant and babies. I thought I was ready. I thought I knew what I was doing. I didn't think there would be many surprises in store for me. Boy, was I wrong. Three babies later I'm still some times surprised by what my life has become. The following is a list of things I wish I had known before I decided to take this job................
1. Privacy-What is that?
2. You can only stretch something so far before it just isn't going to go back to the way it was, case in point, my stomach.
3. After your third baby you will have to pee as much as you did when you were pregnant.
4. Being woken up 5 times per night is considered a good nights sleep.
5. I now have more hair on my chin than my 15 year old nephew and I'm pretty sure I spend more time than he does trying to get rid of mine.
6. Someday your kids will point out your stretch marks, laugh, and say, "I did that to you."
7. The more tired you are, the more awake your children will be.
8. Washing up in the bathroom sink and spraying your hair with water can now be considered a shower.
9. Most children are unable to make it to the toilet to puke, they almost all just puke where they are standing and even if you have a bucket in front of them more often than not they will miss.
10. All the cute little baby clothes you bought will be so hard to get on you'll give up half way through and stick to sleepers, and someday you'll give all those cute un-worn clothes away.
11. One day your 3 year old will ask you what the spider on the back of your leg is and you'll look back and realize it's a vein.
12. It will take you about one week of being a mom for you to realize that you never had any concept of all the work your mom did, and no way did you ever appreciate her enough for it.

This being said I still would have taken the job, who can refuse kisses from a chubby little baby that loves you whether or not you have showered, or your chin is prickly!

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for once again hitting the snooze button on my biological clock, sis. Between you and Misty I should be happily child free for the rest of my life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was sitting here reading your list saying, "Yep....yep....done that....oh yeah..." Well put, Jamie! It is totally worth it when they look into your tired, baggy eyes and say, "Mommy, you're sooo beautiful!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so welcome Jason! Anytime you would like any of our children to ward off that crazy biological clock you just say the word!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The girls are so cute on the picture, but I even couldn't imagine that they take so much energy form you.But seems that you are completely happy with having them. I'm pregnant now with my first baby, I plan to have more but reading it I'm not sure I'l be able to stay alive :D

    ReplyDelete