Designs by Denise Photography~Mondovi, WI

Thursday, October 8, 2009

Mrs. Potato Head

I was getting ready for the day the other morning and I thought to myself, "you are like Mrs. Potato Head." Not a well put together Mrs. Potato Head, more like the kind my 3 yr old constructs. You know, mis-matched parts, things that don't go at all, she just looks thrown sloppily together. I was blow drying my hair which is pretty much going all out for me and I noticed that I had plucked one of my eye brows and never had time to do the other. The sweat pants I'd chosen to wear for the day were like 5 years old, I believe I even wore them when I was pregnant. The t-shirt I had on not only had stains on it, but holes as well. Of course everything I wear has a stain, and if it doesn't when I put it on it will by the time I take it off at night. We recently went to a wedding and I wore white Capri's. Now of course everyone is wondering what I could possibly have been thinking, and the simple answer is that I wasn't thinking at all. So we had to park a couple of blocks from the church and after about a block my 3 yr old wanted to be carried, so I picked her up and carried her the rest of the way. About 5 minutes later as we got seated in the church I looked down at my Capri's and realized they were covered in dirt. I would have shrugged off a little smudge, but this was coverage of about 50%. By far some of Molly's best work. So I went to the restroom and tried to wash the dirt off, hoping it was just dust and that it would brush off easily. Well, it didn't. So next I tried using some paper towel and a little soap, but I ignored one very important fact, the paper towel was like the brown paper bag stuff. So by the time I was done my Capri's looked even worse, now they were dirty looking and stained brown from the paper towel. I ended up having to find my friend, the bride, and ask for a blow dryer to at least dry my pants a little. I spent the next 8 hours in tragically stained pants. This is what I mean by Mrs. Potato Head, I might start out put together but by the time my 3 yr old is done with me I'm a mess. I guess the important thing to remember here is that Mrs. Potato Head can always be improved, so maybe there is hope for me. Maybe someday I won't mistakenly go into the grocery store wearing my slippers. And maybe someday my hair will be dyed when it should be and both my eye brows will be plucked at the same time, and maybe just maybe I'll be able to wear clothes with no holes or stains....................

No comments:

Post a Comment