Designs by Denise Photography~Mondovi, WI

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Little White Lies

I have found that parenthood is full of little white lies. Lies we tell our kids, lies we tell ourselves and lies our kids tell us. I would say the biggest thing I lie to my kids about is anything involved with food and eating! I lie all the time, every day, here is my public confession. I tell my kids almost daily that something on their plate was grown in their grandma's garden to entice them to eat. Yesterday she grew hot dogs. Interestingly enough they almost always believe me. I told my second child today that her creamed corn was candy corn, she gave it a try. I also always tell them they'll get no snack before bed if they don't eat their supper, and I'm always lying about that, I always let them have a snack anyway. I'm pretty sure they've got this one figured out, but I can't stand the thought of them going to bed with a hungry stomach. This is a two way street of course and they lie to me all the time about what they have eaten or why they can't eat something. I find green beans in the bathroom garbage, and food stuffed under booster seats all the time. My youngest is blatantly honest about her refusal to eat something, she commands the dogs to sit and throws her plate on the floor. Yesterday my oldest came home and told me that she was unable to eat her oranges for lunch because it is fall and the days are getting shorter and so her lunch hour was shorter and she just didn't have time to eat them. I would have to get her some points for that one. Although it does make me wonder yet again, how dumb she thinks I am. We also have fibs
around here about bathroom use. They say they did go when I know they didn't, or they went already and then tell me they didn't so they can get out of bed to go again. Or the baby tells me she pooped like every 10 minutes all day. The joke is going to be on her one of these days though because I'm not going to even check and then she'll have to sit in it. And I of course lie to myself all day long, telling myself they are all normal and I'm completely in control of the situation here, but deep down I know I'm not in control at all and if I had half a mind left I'd hire someone to take control around here! And, I'm also fairly certain they aren't all normal, I'm just hoping someday they move out.........................

No comments:

Post a Comment